Sunday, August 21, 2011

Made Garlic Chicken with Pesto Cream Sauce



On nights that my cupboard is bare I pull out Pesto Cream Sauce that I keep stored in my freezer.  When I made this sauce earlier in the summer, it made a ton and was SO rich that I froze half of the recipe.  For an easy Saturday night dinner after not cooking much this past week, I threw this quick and easy dish together.

Pasta Cream Sauce by Pioneer Woman
8 oz. angel hair pasta
2 tsp. olive oil
2 chicken breasts
1 tsp. garlic, minced
salt & pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese, grated

Cut chicken breasts into thinly sliced strips for sautéing.  Heat olive oil in large skillet.  Saute garlic and chicken in skillet until chicken is cooked through and lightly browned on the outside.  Salt and pepper chicken as needed.  While chicken is cooking, boil pasta in separate sauce pan.  Add a splash of olive oil to avoid noodles from sticking.

Toss together in large skillet the angel hair and desired amount of pesto cream sauce, approximately 1/4 cup with garlic chicken.  Serve immediately, topped with freshly grated Parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment