Friday, August 26, 2011

Made Fall for Dinner

Apparently the Texas heat is planning to be with us through mid-September.  So I welcomed fall into the Madeley house early since summer is going late…makes sense, right?!  I have not lit a pumpkin-spice candle yet but it is waiting in the wings…  This tomato basil soup recipe is amazing and super easy and found in one of loveliest cookbooks I have, "The Gathering of Friends Volume I."  And for the grilled cheese I will leave that up to you and what you like the best.  We are pretty simple with buttered bread, slice of our favorite bread and whole wheat bread.
 
1 26 oz. jar of Tomato Basil pasta sauce, Classico brand
26 oz. whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let it simmer until ready to serve.

What I did different from what the recipe calls for:
Used 1/2 & 1/2 instead of cream 
Added 1/4 c. suger instead of 1/2 c.

No comments:

Post a Comment