Friday, January 27, 2012

Made Cajun Stuffed Chicken from Pinterest


Well now I really did it…I had to go and join Pinterest!  Not only can I wish for the latest looks and get ideas for the house but I have found some great new recipes.  So fun but such a time sucker!!!  I have also discovered that prior to Pinterest I was very naive to the amount of blogs out there, not just cooking but literally there is a blog for everything under the sun.  This Cajun Chicken recipe was my first to try and it really was good.  A few changes next time but overall a positive and surprisingly easy dish to assemble. 

For our side dish I chose one of our favorites that I don't cook that often, Artichokes with Hollandaise Sauce.  Mmm….Mmm good!!

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 oz. pepper jack cheese, shredded
1 c. frozen spinach, thawed and drained
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
1 tbsp. breadcrumbs
Sea salt to taste
Fresh ground pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Flatten chicken to about 1/4-inch thickness using a meat tenderizer.  In a medium bowl, combine pepper jack cheese, spinach, salt and pepper.  Spoon about 1/4 c. of the spinach mixture onto the chicken breasts.  Roll the chicken breast tightly and fasten the toothpicks.  Brush each chicken breast with oil.  Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning mix evenly over all.  Sprinkle any remaining spinach and cheese on top o the chicken (optional).  Place chicken, seam-side down onto a tin foil-lined baking sheet.  Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.  Remove the toothpicks before serving.

What I would do next time:
Half the cajun rub - a bit on the salty side.
When using the meat tenderizer to flatten out the chicken, place meat in papertowl or parchment paper
No added salt, cajun seasoning is sufficient
Use natural-colored toothpicks

No comments:

Post a Comment