Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Made Bacon Quiche

I am making this meal again one night this week…requested after the first bite at last week's dinner.  I love quiche!  It's breakfast for dinner and we grew up having BFast for dinner quite often.  I sliced up some fruit to serve on the side.

Will be trying Spinach Quiche in the next few weeks but it calls for a few more ingredients that I don't have on hand.  
1 pie crust
1 c. swiss cheese, grated
8 slices bacon, crumbled
3 eggs, beaten
1 c. milk
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1 tbsp. onion, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
(I had mushrooms and 1/2 red bell pepper on hand so tossed those in as well)

Pre-bake pie crust at 250 degrees for 10 minutes.  You can do this while your oven is preheating to cook the bacon.  Cook bacon until crisp and then crumble.  I cook my bacon in the oven, on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 until crisp.

Combine eggs, milk, nutmeg, onion, salt & pepper and any other ingredients you want to include and beat well.  Sprinkle crust with cheese and bacon, pour in egg mixture on top of cheese and bacon.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.  I had to bake for an extra 10-15 minutes.

Let cool and slice into pie-like servings.  Enjoy and make again the next week like I will be doing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment