Thursday, April 21, 2011

Made A Classic Cobb Salad



When I first really started cooking about 5 years ago, I started out with really basic recipes and great to love the Kraft Food recipes.  I came across this recipe in the salad file of my recipe notebook and realized I never made it.  5 years ago I would have NEVER subtracted or added anything to a recipe - even a salad - on the chance that I might ruin the dish.  These days I love making the recipe my own.  To top off a great recipe is a beautiful bowl to serve it in.  I have enjoyed this Crate & Barrel wedding present from my sweet friends, Tracy & Caroline.  Thanks girls and enjoy the Cobb!!

12 cups mixed baby salad greens
6 oz. deli turkey breast, shredded
2 avocados, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper chopped
1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
8 slices bacon, crumbled
3 hard-boiled eggs, diced
1 cup shredded cheese 
Light Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing

Wash & dry lettuce.  Cook bacon while chopping vegetables.  After slicing, chopping and dividing out arrange contents of salad in serving bowl.  Toss salad and add dressing to individual portions. 

1 comment: