Friday, February 25, 2011

Microplane Herb Mill


I have several favorite cooking utensils and gadgets.  The latest one, and current FAVORITE, showed up in my stocking Christmas morning - the Microplane Herb Mill.  It is such a wonderful tool to use when your recipe calls for finely chopped herbs.  My one piece of advice while using the mill is to be sure and use DRY herbs only.  So after you wash that bunch of fresh parsley, allow it to completely dry.  Otherwise, you have a big soggy herb mess on your hands.  The directions clearly state this but I had to find out the hard way on green onions while preparing Christmas dinner.  

This past week I had some fun capturing the results in a yummy (almost spring) salad!




1 comment:

  1. hey! brad bought that same thing for me for christmas. i hate to say i haven't used it yet, but i'm so glad you told me they needed to be dry. i would not have read the instruction. :) also, i just clicked on your blog and thought it was funny that we're eating chicken/dumplings tonight. ironic! :)

    ReplyDelete