Tuesday, February 22, 2011

God Made Justice Happen in Congo

Colonel's rape conviction breaks ground in Congo

My heart is happy and saddened at the same time after reading this article.  Happy to know God is serving up justice in Congo and sad to be reminded of the horrific events that happen daily to women and children in Eastern Congo.  Next week marks a year ago that I was there, hearing the same stories that were spoken in the trial of Colonel Kibbi.  Please pray now that the victims of rape and violence will come to know God's truth about their worth and that healing can only come from God who sent His Son to die for ALL our sins...that includes Colonel Kibbi!

1 comment:

  1. Lauren,
    Thanks so much for commenting on my blog so I could come over here and see your pretty self. Congrats on getting married! Sarah keeps me posted on you every once in a while. I'm so happy for all the wonderful things happening in your life. Are you working at Watermark? My old roommate and friend Rachel Shelton works there.
    Love!

    ReplyDelete