Thursday, July 21, 2011

Made Egg Salad with a twist of Pioneer Woman

She is just so good and when I check out her blog, I cannot resist!!  I have not had egg salad since I was a little girl at Thanksgiving shoving deviled eggs in my mouth with the red "sprinkles" on top.  And have definitely not made it since being married - had to even ask if B liked egg salad.  It was a yes so I made Avocado Egg Salad for lunch!
8 hard boiled eggs, peeled
2 whole avocados, pitted
4 tbs. mayonnaise
3 tsp. red wine vinegar (I used white)
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1 tsp. chives, chopped

 Combine all ingredients except for chopped chives in the bowl of a food processor.  Pulse a few times, scraping the bowl once or twice if necessary.  Continue pulsing until salad reaches the consistency you want: chunky or smooth.  Check the seasoning and get ready to spread!

Slice up some great bread; I used homemade wheat bread that B and I have enjoyed making.  Then chop your chives.

If you want, you can mix mayo and dijon or just use the egg salad only on your bread.  The dijon gave our sandwiches a nice little kick.

Spread the egg salad generously over your bread, top with chives and add a nice juicy tomato.

2 comments:

  1. So. . . how important are those chives??? I have all the other ingredients in my fridge and this looks SUPER tempting for lunch! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chives are not crucial but some kind of kick was nice. This might sound weird but you could try a red onion, just a few slices b/c you don't want to overpower. Next time I am going to keep the spread a little chunky. Let me know how you like it!!

    ReplyDelete