Monday, May 16, 2011

Pioneer Woman Made...


For Mother's Day this year, we introduced Brian's Mom to The Pioneer Woman.  And she has read it cover-to-cover, already making several recipes.  Luckily we live close enough and she is so generous that she shares the fruits of her labor.  As for me, I have sat in the floor of a bookstore and pursued her cookbook, now purchased the book for someone else, and navigated through her website but never attempted a recipe.  Last nights dinner with my old Community Group girls, was the perfect opportunity to finally pick a recipe.  I made Pioneer Woman's Hot Olive & Artichoke Dip.  It was fabulous and even better with only having to purchase a few things at the store.  I typically don't keep olives and artichokes in the fridge but parmesan cheese, eggs, red onion, mayo, salt & pepper are staples!


1 can Artichoke hearts (14oz.)
10 whole Black Olives
1 package cream cheese (8oz.)
1 cup (Real) mayonnaise
1 egg
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
Salt & pepper to taste
Cayenne pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.  Pulse 5 to 8 times until mixture is combined but not totally liquified.  Stir and check seasonings (taste test!!), then pour into a small casserole dish.  (I used a red, Crate & Barrel pie dish - thanks Betsy!!)  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes until golden brown.   

The Pioneer Woman suggests serving with Stacy's Simply Naked chips.  Next time I will hunt down the chips but I used Wheat Thins this time.  Looking forward to my next PW cooking experience!!

No comments:

Post a Comment