Sunday, June 26, 2011

Made More Pioneer Woman...


I love easy grilled chicken recipes and the way your fingers smell after pulling cilantro leaves off their stem.  Yum!  Next time I am cooking and shooting my dishes, I will take a shot of my window ledge.  Most days you can find glass containers filled with basil and cilantro, sitting next too ripening, red tomatoes.  So I love pulling from what I have to make a great, easy meal.  With the help of my man the grill master, we put on a great meal for each other!

Garlic-Lime Grilled Chicken Breasts with Cilantro-Corn Relish
For the Marinade:
6 whole, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 whole lim, juiced
4 whole garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. freshly ground pepper


For the relish:
1 c. corn kernels
1 whole, fresh jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1/4 c. diced, red bell pepper
1/2 c. cilantro
1 whole lime, juiced
1/2 tsp. salt

Place chicken in large plastic, storage bag.  Combine marinate ingredients and pour over chicken.  Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator for several hours to overnight.
Before grilling, combine all corn relish ingredients in a medium bowl.  (You are going to want to taste test b/c it will be so good!!)
Set grill to medium heat and cook chicken breasts about 4-6 minutes per side or until internal temp reaches 170 degrees.  Remove from grill and serve.
For serving, spoon corn relish over each piece of chicken and serve with your favorite side dish.  B loves mashed potatoes so chicken and taters it was!!

No comments:

Post a Comment