Friday, April 15, 2011

Made Blackberry Cobbler


I love cobbler!  It reminds me of my Grandma and Sunday lunch at her house.  She would typically make it the night before and leave it to cool on an old, round, metal pan - I can see it like it was yesterday.  This cobbler does not include GMa's homemade crust or nostalgic pan but it was made using another great cook's recipe.  This dessert was specially made tonight as we hosted our long-time friends Shane, Ruthie and little muffin, Jack.  This simple recipe (if you buy the crust) is fun to make and perfect for any occasion.  Thank you, Sherry for walking me through the steps and Leanne for bringing leftovers last weekend, creating my inspiration to try this great recipe.  

16 ounces fresh blackberries
2 refrigerated pie crusts
2 tablespoons cornstarch (heaping)
1 2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
4 tablespoons butter

Mix dry ingredients first, cornstarch and sugar.  Rinse blackberries and then in saucepan combine blackberries, water, & dry ingredients.  Cook over med-high heat and bring to a boil continually stirring until thick and bubbly.  Remove pan from heat and pour mixture into pie crust, lining your baking dish.  (I used a pan approximately 7x11)  Top with butter than top layer of pie crust.  Sprinkle crust with sugar.  Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.




Served with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream

1 comment:

  1. I used to make blackberry cobbler with my favorite aunt every summer when I would visit them in down in Deltaville, VA by the Chesapeake Bay. We would pick the deliciously sun warmed berries in the fields, and then make the cobblers from scratch! We'd have the cobbler after dinner in the twilight with vanilla ice cream melting on top, while the bay breeze blew in through the screens. It was HEAVEN! I will never forget those summers. I think I recognize your cobbler dish! Much love to you and Brian. xoxo Ash

    ReplyDelete